The pipes and whistles of Conor Lamb and Aaron O'Hagan along with the strings of Deirdre Galway are served with a fresh, yet timeless quality that is sustained throughout the thirteen tracks of an array of tunes that include marches, jigs and reels.
These musicians possess a unique musical kinship in which they bring traditional tunes and songs to life. Conor and Aaron grew up learning and playing together and their similar piping styles enhance and complement each other. With over a dozen reeds resonating in unison, the rare blend of two uilleann pipes gives Réalta a full and distinctive sound. Deirdre's rich musical heritage gives her a free range of techniques and styles to inspire her arrangement of songs and accompaniment. This core trio is often joined for live performances by Micky McCluskey on bouzouki.
1. Open the Door for Three (Slip Jig)
2. Girl of the House / Tom Busby's / the Bashful Maid / the Flitch of Bacon (Jigs)
3. Patsy Touhey's / the Exile's Jig / the Yellow Stocking (Reel, Slip Jigs)
4. Siobhán Ní Dhuibhir (Song)
5. The Red Haired Hag / Miss Munroe's / Do You Want Anymore? (Jigs)
6. Martin Wynne's No. 3 / the Crosses of Annagh / My Love and I in the Garden (Reels)
7. Gathering Mushrooms (Song)
8. Jimmy's Return / John Brennan's / Trip to Cullenstown (Reels)
9. Tuamgraney Castle / the Rathcroghan Reel (March, Reel)
10. Sliabh Geal Gcua (Air)
11. An Trucailín Donn (Song)
12. The Galtee / the Black Haired Lass / the Stoney Steps (Reels)
13. La Volta / Drops of Brandy (Renaissance Dance, Slip Jig)